|Posting Title:||Team Assistant|
|Job Location:||Nairobi, Kenya|
|Skill Required:||Project/ Programme Management,|
|Preferred Experience:||3 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||13th Jan, 2022|
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
This position is located in UNEP, Corporate Services Division (CSD), Financial Management Section, Nairobi. Under the supervision of the Senior Budget Officer, the Team Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
- Responds or drafts responses to routine correspondence and other communications; uses Microsoft Office tools to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Monitors processes and schedules related to the unit’s outputs, products, and tasks; where applicable, assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, and signatures to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial, and other requirements. Researches compile and organize information and reference materials from various sources for reports, work plans, studies, briefings, and meetings/conferences. • Generates a variety of standard statistical and other reports and work orders, using various databases.
- Proofreads documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation, and style, and for adherence to established standards for format.
- Responds to moderately complex information requests and inquiries and as necessary refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Provides administrative and logistics support to meetings, boards, committees, and conferences. • Assists in the update and maintenance of websites.
- Assists in the preparation of presentation materials using appropriate technology/software. Maintains calendar/schedules; monitors change and communicates relevant information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit.
- Reviews, records, distribute, and/or processes mail and other documents; follows-up on impending actions.
- Updates and maintains large distribution lists; monitors, prepares, and distributes various materials, reports, where possible using electronic formats; handles arrangement for printing and translation as necessary; coordinates shipment arrangements and courier services. Performs general administrative tasks (e.g., leave and attendance recording, arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, and budget follow-up), including preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g., requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests, contracts, expenditure authorizations, and visa applications).
- Maintains shared electronic files and databases for the work unit.
- Assists in providing software and office equipment support.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff on general office processes and procedures and computer applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplementary training in logistics or administration or a related field is desirable. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Candidates must have passed the United Nations Administrative Support Test (ASAT), or the Global General Service Test (GGST), at Headquarters, or at Offices Away from Headquarters (OAHs). Applicants who have not passed the GGST at the time of application may be invited for the test after submitting an application.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant working experience in general office support or a related area is required.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or similar SAP systems is desirable.
- Working experience with an international organization similar to the United Nations is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
Appointment against this post is for an initial period of one year and may be subject to extension.
This position is subject to local recruitment pursuant to staff rule 4.4 of the United Nations Staff Rules. All staff in the General Service and related categories shall be recruited in the country or within commuting distance of each office, irrespective of their nationality and of the length of time they may have been in the country. A staff member subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international recruitment. External candidates will be considered only when no suitable internal candidate from the duty station is identified. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred to take up the appointment.
Staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and to assignment by him or her. In this context, all staff is expected to move periodically to new functions in their careers in accordance with established rules and procedures.
Internal Applicants – when completing the AP form, ensure ALL fields, ALL professional experience, and contact information are completed and up to date. This information is the basis for the hiring manager to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position and to contact you.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening. Online applications will be acknowledged where an email address has been provided. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgment within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. If the problem persists, please seek technical assistance through the Inspira “Contact Us” link.
At the United Nations, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. The United Nations is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The United Nations recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India