|Posting Title:||Project Coordinator|
|Job Location:||Lira, Uganda|
|Skill Required:||IT And ICT, Project/ Programme Management,|
|Preferred Experience:||3 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||31th Dec, 2021|
A project coordinator handles administrative tasks for the project manager and team members to keep the project running smoothly. This may include ordering equipment and supplies, managing deadlines and workflow, and scheduling meetings and appointments.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian not-for-profit organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is committed to reaching 100 million girls to Lead, Learn, Decide and Thrive in Uganda. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The Project Coordinator – Innovation and Digital Technology will contribute to the attainment of Plan International Uganda Country Programme objectives through ensuring the initiation and integration of digital innovations in the MBMF program; Support the development, expansion, and implementation of PIU digital interventions through innovative digital solutions, with a focus on Youth Economic Empowerment interventions/livelihoods. Add value to beneficiaries and partners through digital technology and participate in Resource mobilization functions during the proposal development.
Dimensions of the Role
- Prepare, manage and support the implementation of plans related to Innovation and digital technology in the MBMF project and report as required.
- Manage the project budget that supports the implementation of Innovation and digital technology outcomes, ensuring value for money and effective budget monitoring.
- Develop capacities of the team and partners in Digital technology and innovations.
- Coordinate the management of Digital technology hubs in the project area.
- Mobilize and engage young people in the innovation and digital technology space to create solutions.
- Ensure integration of innovation and Digital technology into SRHR.
- Drive innovation and use of modern technologies such as mobile phones to improve research, foster learning/best practices including sharing and improving the impact
- Actively engage local partners to follow market trends and seek opportunities for improvement through their own staff. This should happen with a special focus on livelihoods interventions.
- Assist in project and proposal development as well as preparation and implementation of reviews and evaluations of projects.
- Take lead in the management of innovation hubs and building capacity of partners and beneficiaries in innovation and digital technology
- Ensure high-quality collaboration and coordination are maintained for effective and efficient implementation of Project interventions by all stakeholders.
- Support conduct planning meetings for the innovation initiatives and come up with ways of addressing any gaps that are identified including supporting district stakeholders during supervision and monitoring of Project activities.
- Support Orientation of key district stakeholders on the implementation of Project activities
- Support organize and conduct Project reflection and review meetings at the team, district, and school levels that bring on board different stakeholders.
Child Protection and Gender Equality & Inclusion
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding of Young people; Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- The Project Coordinator – Innovation and Digital technology will ensure that PII Safeguarding of Young People and Gender and Inclusion policies are implemented in all project activities while working with young people, partners, parents, district officials, and other stakeholders.
Leadership and Business Management Competencies
- Set and communicate ambitious but realistic work goals and priorities, explaining how these contribute to Plan International’s purpose.
- Set high standards for self and others’ behavior, inside and outside work. Championing our values and commitment to rights, gender equality, and safeguarding. Supporting the health, well-being, and both physical and psychological safety of our staff, including their safety to speak out.
- Hold self and others to account for what we have agreed, dealing with a poor performance quickly, firmly, and constructively.
- Create a positive team spirit, help people work well together, reflect, and continuously improve the efficiency and quality of what we do.
- Collaborate with team members, colleagues, and partners in finding creative solutions to problems by sharing information, experience, and ideas and actively seeking their input.
- Motivate and develop others by taking an interest, giving constructive feedback and praise, ensuring they are properly trained, and helping them utilize their potential.
- Accept change and support others in adjusting to it, helping them understand.
Business Management Competencies
- Understand relevant sectorial context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of Plan’s purpose, values, and global strategy
- Manage legal and reputational risk including risk assessment, communication, risk management, and reporting in full compliance with risk-related standards, including in areas such as Child and Youth Safeguarding and Protection, Gender equality and inclusion, Counter Fraud, Safety, and Security
- Manage activities and resources including skills in strategic thinking, planning and organizing, financial planning and monitoring, negotiation, and program and project management
- Manage people and information including skills in assessment and coaching, evidence-based management, communication skills, both speaking and writing and digital working, including personal digital skills
Technical expertise, skills, and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Technology, Social Innovation and Technology, Software Engineering, Entrepreneurship; or Business Management.
- At least three years of progressively professional work experience in design, implementation, and evaluation of digital Innovation/ transformation and IT programs.
- Excellent coordination and organization skills with demonstrated experience working in INGO as an added advantage.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing, donor compliance, and budget management.
- Ability to Identify and synthesis best practices and lessons learned to promote knowledge management and sustainability.
- Skills in working with talented youth.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people from diverse cultures
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Powerpoint presentation, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail, and web-based research.
- Ability to integrate SRHR in digital innovation
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls, and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India