|Posting Title:||Programme Development & Quality Manager|
|Job Location:||Beirut, Lebanon|
|Skill Required:||Project And Program Management,|
|Preferred Experience:||Above 5 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||23th Aug, 2022|
The Programme Development & Quality Manager (PDQM) is a management position supporting country leads to ensure the country’s strategy and program design are of high quality, based on evidence, and implemented according to the organization’s standards. The PDQ is responsible for the leadership and management of the Programme Quality department, which consists of Grants Management, MEAL, Information Management, and Partnerships. This position also provides coordination and technical support to the Head of Programs (HoP). The position provides support to the HoP in donor relations and engagement as well as coordination with the Regional Office (RO) and HQ counterparts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Programme planning and overall quality
- Develop a Programme Quality Strategy for the Lebanon programme with a focus on coordination and collaboration among different departments;
- Contribute to the development, monitoring, and review of country strategic documents and indicators including country log-frames and sectoral log-frames in line with regional and global strategies and plans;
- Ensure monthly grants meetings with all relevant departments contribute to the review of overall progress, quality, consolidated spending, implementation, procurement, and staffing plans for each project and flag up discrepancies to the teams and HoP;
- Lead on resource mobilization strategies
- Ensure systems and tools for efficient grant management, and ensure a coordinated approach to risk management in cooperation with relevant departments; ensure dynamics are implemented in a timely manner and that grants are tracked and coordinated with the RO and HQ;
- Coordinate with the relevant departments for submission of quality proposals, revisions, and reports; providing technical oversight on strategic considerations and program activities so as to ensure accurate, coherent, and timely reporting.
- Liaise with donor representatives and coordinate donor visits to program sites, in support of the HoP and Country Director (CD)
- Lead on needs assessments, and program analysis to support annual strategy review and project/program planning processes
- Ensure lessons learned and analysis of data from MEAL contribute to the development of high-quality, innovative programs that are based on evidence and in coordination with relevant technical coordinators and specialists.
- Drive new initiatives to expand/improve programmatic actions
- Identify and advocate for future opportunities for DRC to develop conflict-sensitive, accountable, and gender-sensitive programming in Lebanon as best suits the Lebanon context.
- Assist in project implementation and reporting
- Work closely with other departments to ensure an efficient and timely response
- Actively participate in internal coordination meetings
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL)
- Oversee the MEAL Coordination unit to ensure MEAL framework and plans are available for all grants and an effective system is in place including the capacity of staff to gather, analyze and report on M&E indicators;
- Contribute to creating and maintaining an environment for learning where ideas, solutions, challenges, and learning are shared and adopted in program design and implementation as part of the MEAL policy and implementation strategy
- Ensure learning from the country program is documented/captured, consolidated, and disseminated, contributing to knowledge building and sharing within Lebanon and globally to influence policies and program planning
- Support the MEAL Coordinator in leading and conducting learning activities. For instance, support planning of review workshops, prepare lessons learned reports, organize internal or external evaluations, and conducting accountability mechanism pilots
- Coordinate technical assistance and capacity strengthening for project teams and partners in project management standards and related MEAL, including capacity assessment, training material development, and delivery of training;
- Support in the updating of CHS reviews, make recommendations for improvements whilst supporting the focal point for rolling out the recommendations across all departments
- Ensure tools, processes and systems are in place for DRC to improve communication and accountability to beneficiaries
- Complete regular field visits to deliver technical oversight, identify needs, provide support, troubleshoot, strengthen capacity, and ensure quality programming (when possible)
- Act as the Safeguarding focal point for programming – ensuring staff is aware of the Code of Conduct and DRC has in place a PSEA policy.
Information Management (IM)
- Support and enhance linkages between the IM team and other programmatic departments.
- Support the IM Coordinator in evidence gathering for briefs for advocacy purposes;
- Develop a strategy for and manage the implementation of IM policies, systems, and processes;
- In coordination with DRC’s headquarters and regional offices, develop and roll out partnership strategy including management tools, guidelines, and other resources as needed to effectively manage partnerships;
- Improve partnership practices by periodically assessing DRC Lebanon’s partnership management approach taking into account both DRC and partners’ perspectives, capturing lessons learned and best practices, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Work with all departments to ensure recommendations are implemented and that progress is tracked.
- Responsible for ensuring partnership assessments and ensuring technical coordinators/support depts are aware of tools and processes
- Oversee the implementation of planned capacity-building activities for partners in coordination with relevant DRC departments and measure changes in partners’ capacity levels through objectively verifiable indicators;
- Ensure SGAs are drafted, monitored, and followed up on a regular basis
- Work with HOP/HOSS to ensure the technical coordinators have adequate indicators in place to monitor technical improvements in partners’ capacities
- Directly conduct capacity-building activities for partners, including training workshops and one-on-one mentoring of key partner staff on donor rules and regulations, reporting, program development, grants management, and other relevant areas as needed.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with local partners and DRC colleagues in order to maintain trust in DRC’s professional standard and quality of work among all stakeholders.
- Act as the focal point on partnership and localization agenda within the country team; where need be represented DRC externally on localization, engaging within the humanitarian community.
- Directly line manage the PDQ team in Beirut (including people planning, performance, well-being, and development)
- Provide staff capacity building for the PDQ team in Lebanon and other sector teams as needed
- Support the recruitment of MEAL, information management, and grants staff as required
- Support the professional development of program staff by carrying out a learning needs analysis that informs the learning and development plan.
- Facilitate capacity building for team members and partners to develop stronger protection expertise in-country. This includes coaching, capacity and mentor building, and providing technical matrix line management support to colleagues.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have at least five years of professional experience in humanitarian contexts with a range of PDQ responsibilities, preferably in partnerships, grants, and MEAL.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in international relations, development, migration, Middle East studies, or related field or equivalent
- Safeguarding technical certificate
- At least 3 years of experience with people management; with the ability to lead and work with teams in rolling out M&E mechanisms, partnership approaches, and/or grants management systems.
- Practical experience in applying CHS & partnership principles to programming; with the ability to set up and refine accountability systems along with proven experience of upward and downward accountability approaches and mechanisms and applying participatory methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience in the nurturing of organizational learning with the ability to draft strategies/frameworks.
- Solid experience in project development and management; including the ability to lead on assessments, design, implementation, and monitoring; with good skills in donor reporting, accountability, and compliance
- Excellent leadership, coordination, communication, organizational, and planning skills; with the ability to work flexibly in a diverse team in a dynamic environment, fostering a positive working environment, and managing issues sensitively and diplomatically.
- Strong capacity building, facilitation, and presentation skills with the ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships to facilitate communication and support partner and staff.
- Commitment to integrate gender, protection of conflict sensitivity, and accountability into programming.
- Extensive knowledge of UN, US, and European institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience in developing successful funding proposals, and contract management including consortia grants.
- Strong understanding of localization agenda as well as partnership approaches and tools
- and keen understanding of the complexities in the Middle East region
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India