|Posting Title:||Monitoring and Evaluation Officer|
|Skill Required:||Monitoring And Evaluation,|
|Preferred Experience:||Relevant work experience of 2 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||15th Dec, 2021|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
In the Philippines, the transportation sector accounts for almost 37% of total national energy consumption, whereas road transport typically consumes about 80% of this share. More alarmingly, the sector is one of the consumers of fossil fuels and the fastest-growing source of CO2 emissions. With rapid urbanization, energy consumption and CO2 emissions by urban transport are increasing as well.
In the past decades, transport planning models adopted by the Philippines, like other Asian countries, prioritized the movement of motorized vehicles to facilitate the growing demand for mobility of passengers and goods. Unsurprisingly, urban and inter-regional transport is dependent primarily on road-based transportation such as buses, cars, motorcycles and tricycles, jeepneys, and utility vehicles. The number of utility vehicles and cars, in particular, is increasing significantly with over 50% of the registered vehicles located in Metro Manila and adjacent regions. As such, there has been an increasing preference for private fossil fuel-based motorized travel and fewer investments have been made for sustainable public transport and non-motorized transport such as walking and cycling. However, there is still more work to be done to increase the efficiency of the urban public transport system, considering the growing number of people commuting regularly between Metro Manila and adjacent provinces.
The Promotion of Low Carbon Urban Transport Systems in the Philippines (LCT) Project, implemented by the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), supported by the Global Environment Facility (GEF), aims to create an enabling environment for the commercialization of low carbon urban transport systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work under the immediate supervision of and directly report to the Project Manager. S/He shall work closely with the three Component Leads for Policy Support, Awareness and Institutional Development, and Private Sector Development in producing the identified deliverables for this engagement.
Provide substantive and technical support for the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of operational and programmatic activities:
- Translate strategies into implementable, actionable, and time-bound components through the development of work plans, budgets, reporting frameworks, and other programming tools;
- Design and implement an appropriate M&E system, covering data collection and reporting protocols;
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures, and progress towards achieving results, at both field and central levels, and be responsible for sourcing and reviewing data and information for specific M&E needs directly from other agencies, local government units, PMU, etc.;
- Prepare consolidated reports for project management, including identification of problems and causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation, and provide specific recommendations;
- Participate in periodic project reviews and planning workshops, and assist in the preparation of relevant reports;
- Support completion of processes to hire consultants/firms for M&E related tasks, and oversee and participate in any evaluation or assessment of the project;
- Maintain detailed information of all relevant issues impacting his/her field of M&E;
- Plan and support implementation of activities related to the evaluation of government counterparts in terms of public sector expenditures on climate change and disaster risk reduction, and capacity building of local governments and communities in line with the project’s work plan; and
Provide technical support for the coordination and implementation of the communications strategy and knowledge management and results focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implement, together with the Communications Officer, an appropriate communications plan to disseminate the knowledge products and tools, lessons, and good practices developed under the project;
- Maintain contact with and participate in forums with relevant UNDP and non-UNDP partners and actors to identify synergies, expand partnerships, avoid duplication, and exchange information;
- Support the translation of project outputs into outcomes/results through partnership- building/networking with viable agents/champions that can host/endorse them, such as government agencies, civil society, etc.
Ensure, in the context of the above, that all requirements for monitoring & evaluation, analysis, and reporting are met in a timely manner, and regular contacts are maintained focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Lead efforts in drafting quarterly and annual reporting, project/program evaluation reports, ensuring adherence to and compliance with project Annual Work Plans (AWP), project success indicators, and M&E frameworks;
- Provide M&E related training, guidance, and oversight for staff and government counterparts in preparing progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission; and
- Maintain contact with and participate in forums with relevant UNDP and non-UNDP partners and actors to identify synergies, expand partnerships, avoid duplication, and exchange information.
Ensure that international experiences and “ lessons learned” from other similar projects on low carbon urban transport projects are applied to the implementation of the UNDP/DOTr project and support staff with gaining and applying knowledge focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintain stock of technical and operational issues through comparative analysis and documentation of lessons learned/best practices;
- Coordinate and cooperate with PMU for promoting information sharing on all aspects related to the project activities among stakeholders; and
- Contribute to the production of knowledge products to inform and/or support policymaking and enhancement;
- Provide support in organizing national and international missions, meetings, and conferences of portfolio-0related activities;
- Respond to queries on the program and project-related concerns;
- Participate in meetings and conferences as may be assigned; and
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the project, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Work hand in hand with the Communications Officer to effect results-based messaging of communication materials;
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to the area of work; and
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in Business or Public Administration, International Studies, Economics, Social Sciences or Urban and Regional Planning.
- 2 years of demonstrated analytical, technical, and practical experience in creating and managing M&E systems plans and leveraging data to improve project management.
- Knowledge and experience of program planning, implementation, management, M&E, and a sound understanding of project issues and interventions and result-based principles.
- Technical knowledge of managing M&E systems, data collections method and analysis, capacity development, and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated skill in tracking gender indicators and data in projects is desirable.
- Good knowledge of results-based management techniques is desirable.
- Working-level knowledge of Pilipino and English.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India