|Posting Title:||Country Representative|
|Job Location:||New Delhi, India|
|Skill Required:||Project/ Programme Management,|
|Preferred Experience:||Above 12 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||05th Sep, 2022|
The Country Representative will maintain and elevate GGGI’s profile in India through identification and prioritization of opportunities, engagement with Government stakeholders, securing of program resources, developing of compelling programs, and ensuring consistency in high-quality delivery. The CR will manage the cross-component technical coordination within the India program, ensuring synergies and leverage between all activities and information sharing between HQ, national level, and sub-national level activities. S/he will be responsible for overseeing several thematic areas of work within the country program, especially Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Landscapes, and cross-cutting aspects such as social inclusion, communications, and capacity building. S/he monitors and evaluates the performance of team members as well as being a key point of technical advice and escalation for problem-solving within the context of output delivery. Furthermore, the CR will lead program reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of GGGI’s India country program. The CR will be responsible for the programmatic and operational management of one of GGGI’s most dynamic country programs, which is currently implementing several large, innovative projects supporting the country’s green transformation and working with major development partners.
S/he will take a major role in developing the country planning, overseeing the development of work plans and budgets, and reviewing and monitoring the country’s strategy. S/he will support cross-learning and fertilization of knowledge across the country program. S/he will also contribute to the identification of resource mobilization opportunities and support the development of in-country resource mobilization strategies and their execution.
In India, GGGI is engaged with the government at the central and state level as a trusted advisor in the focal areas such as Clean Energy (including Renewables, BioCNG, and Green Hydrogen), Electric Mobility, Green Buildings, and Sustainable Landscapes and aims to expand its activities to Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management (DSM) areas. GGGI collaborates with various central and state governments through Memoranda of Understanding, with local organizations in the public and private sector, and with multilateral and bilateral organizations like USAID, World Bank, and the Government of Denmark for the successful implementation of projects.
WORK PROGRAM AND BUDGET (WPB)
- Country Representative develop an integrated and quality-assured Biennium WPB that is aligned with GGGI Strategy 2030 as well as the Asia Regional Strategy 2021-2025 and aligned with India’s development plans and post-COVID green recovery actions.
- Deliver results on the ground based on the WPB for the respective country program.
- Oversee the development and implementation of annual country budgets as per approved WPB.
- Country Representative develops and fosters strong relationships with donors, development partners, key government institutions, and relevant academics. institutions, non-governmental organizations, and/or private sector as key stakeholders of India’s green growth programs towards 2030 NDC goals and net-zero targets.
- Undertake responsibilities for new proposal development for funding from earmarked sources, in close consultation with the Asia Regional Office and HQ.
- Keep abreast of the trends within the donor environment in the Country.
- Be aware of donors’ and GGGI-specific procedures and monitor compliance.
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
- Country representatives provide oversight to all finance and administrative services in line with GGGI financial regulations.
- Ensure that adequate internal control mechanisms are in place and review and minimize significant expenditure variances.
- Facilitate annual and project-specific audit processes.
- Ensure the preparation, accuracy, and timely submission of monitoring reports for internal and donor reporting.
- Comply and consistently use all networks and systems established within GGGI (Enterprise Resource Planning – ERP, Constituent Relationship Management – CRM, GGGI Online, etc.) for managing operations and reporting, including familiarity with online platforms for organizing virtual events and meetings.
- Effectively manage a national staff of the India team as per GGGI’s staff rules and regulations in collaboration with the HR department.
- Manage several of GGGI’s focal sectors, especially those related to Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Sustainable Landscapes, and cross-cutting aspects such as gender equality and social inclusion, communications, and capacity building.
- Support Regional Director in all aspects of managerial, technical, and administrative matters as and when required.
- Advanced university degree in international development, environment, economics, engineering, law, social sciences, or other related fields in green growth.
- Professional certification in energy, financing, business administration, or international law is an advantage.
- Relevant professional experience of at least 12 years with managerial and budget responsibilities in an international organization, a large multinational business or consultancy, a large non-profit organization, or government is a requirement. Substantive experience in leadership positions is required.
- Experience identifying, prioritizing, scoping, and implementing green growth opportunities in one or more relevant sectors such as clean energy, industries, green buildings, landscape, water, sustainable mobility, climate adaptation, waste management, and urban and peri-urban development.
- Demonstrated expertise within the above thematic areas of climate change adaptation and mitigation would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated budgeting and program planning abilities and past performance, including experience in development and successful project proposals with donors, and subsequent delivery and reporting.
- Experience with result-based portfolio and project cycle management, monitoring & evaluation methodologies and principles, and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrate good proposal writing skills with a solid track record in conversion rates.
- Familiarity in operating in developing countries is a requirement, and experience of working in India is highly desirable.
- Proficient written and spoken English is an absolute requirement, ability to speak Hindi is an advantage.
Note: GGGI will not be able to facilitate a work permit/visa therefore candidates must have the existing right to live and work in India.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India