Communications and Social Media Coordinator
The Communications and Social Media Coordinator will be in charge of Save the Children Lebanon’s visual content and social media channels and will work to promote the organization’s brand among external audiences and build supporter engagement aligned with campaign and advocacy objectives. The Communications and Social Media Coordinator will help partners, children, and colleagues to take advantage of technology in order to advance child rights across platforms and in their daily lives.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently or intensively.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Advocacy and Campaigns Manager
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Gathers and creates multimedia, visual content (videos, photos, documentaries, infographics); for multi-purpose use in the country office, among members, on social media, and on an ad hoc basis to support strategic advocacy and campaign objectives.
- Joins VIP and priority media field visits, collects and shares content from the visit in the format of photos and videos as per requests.
- Contributes with content to regular campaigns and advocacy work as per timeline or as requested.
Branding and Visibility:
- Maintains SC’s branding identity and ensures SC’s visibility policy applies across all programs in the field, in coordination with field teams.
- Reviews and approves branded products, including banners, flyers, booklets, and other items intended for external use.
- Searches the market for potential brand partners to promote SC through special events (exhibitions and events).
- Manages and creates engaging, strategic content for SC’s social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube) promoting SC’s work, campaigns, and advocacy objectives.
- Comes up with engagement strategies to increase audience interaction and reach targeted groups based on campaign targets.
- Delivers social media training for beneficiaries based on requests and program aims.
- Helps focal points assigned in the Lebanon office to gather and share content in line with Safeguarding Children in Media & Communications Work guidelines.
- Builds partners’ capacity on using social media for campaigns and advocacy purposes to advance child rights.
- Supervises graphic design interns and helps them get familiar with SC’s branding guidelines.
- Deploys to SC international offices to deliver training and gather content as needed.
- Ensures information management systems are up to date, including Content Hub.
- Degree in photography, photojournalism, art design, or communications.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in using social media strategies to promote campaign work.
- Demonstrated experience in using a professional camera, filming, and sound equipment.
- Excellent interviewing skills and ability to demonstrate understanding of the subject.
- Strong experience in training groups of beneficiaries, including children and adults.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills are a must.
- Strength in interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.