|Posting Title:||Administrative Officer|
|Skill Required:||Project/program Management,|
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 3 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||26th Dec, 2020|
Org. Setting and Reporting
- This position is located in the United Nations Verification Mission in Colombia, Bogota. The incumbent reports directly to the Chief Mission Support.
Under the direct supervision of the CMS, and within delegated authority, the Administrative Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Acts as an adviser on management matters pertaining to human resources, budgeting, financial, and general administration.
- Manage the Office of the Chief of Mission Support.
- As directed, develops, prepares, and monitors work plans, strategies, and assigned program areas for the administrative activities of the Mission and assists in securing the required human and financial resources.
- In cooperation with other offices of the Mission, plans and forecasts the personnel, financial and logistical requirements of all Mission components.
- Exercises budgetary and administrative controls.
- Certifies mission expenditure using the delegation of authority granted by the UN Controller and reports on administrative, logistical, and financial matters accordingly.
- Drafts guidelines, reports, and correspondence on a wide range of issues for the Chief of Mission Support and ensure adherence to relevant UN rules and regulations and policies.
- Drafts responses to correspondence required from the Chief of Mission Support on administrative/policy documents.
- Provides advice and assists supervisors in areas of problem-solving, dealing with ad-hoc issues that arise, and undertakes tasks and special projects, such as Security/Evacuation Plan, welfare activities, etc as requested.
- Undertakes evaluation of the support provided by the Mission Support Division to the various parts of the Mission.
- Monitors implementation of Audit/Board of Inquiry recommendations.
- Supports the Chief of Mission Support in liaising with the Offices of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General (SRSG), Deputy SRSG, and Force Commander as well as Chiefs of Services and Sections on administrative issues/activities.
- Liaises with local authorities, UN / Agencies / Funds, and Programmes or other parties on behalf of Mission Support Division.
- Represents the Mission Support section/unit at regular meetings with other UN Agencies as requested.
- Maintains direct liaison with Resident and External Auditors.
- Reviews audit observations submitted and drafts appropriate responses in consultation with the Chief of Mission Support
- May represent the Chief of Mission Support in various standing Boards and Committees, such as Property Survey Board (PSB), Claims Review Board (CRB), and may act as alternate/ Chairperson of the Local Committee on Contracts.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Knowledge of administrative, budgetary, financial, and human resources policies and procedures. Ability to apply various United Nations administrative rules and regulations in work situations. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions, and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style, and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly. Gathers relevant information before making a decision. Considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them. Takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organization. Proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information. Checks assumptions against facts. Determines that the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision. Makes tough decisions when necessary
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, human resource management, finance, accounting, or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources, budget, finance, or general
- administration and field operations are required.
- Experience in handling complex organizational issues at the international level is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with UN administrative/financial policies and practices is desirable.
- UN field mission experience is desirable.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India