|Posting Title:||Senior Technical Architect|
|Job Location:||Valencia, Spain|
|Skill Required:||IT And ICT,|
|Preferred Experience:||5-15 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||21th Aug, 2022|
UNICEF is currently looking for a Senior Technical Architect. The Senior Technical Architect will work under the supervision of the ICT Technical Lead, Field Solutions, and will play an integral role in the team building solutions managing and organizing data. They will be focused on enterprise system integration, leading back-end/front-end application development, and architecting/designing new modules.
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- The exact tasks for the consultant will be jointly determined in an agile way and are outlined in the summary below. The consultant will directly interface with the eTools Product Manager and will work on tasks/areas as prioritized and authorized by the Product Manager at the start of each sprint. Upon completion of tasks, the Product Manager will certify completeness and quality of work for payment. The Senior Technical Architect will be expected to follow similar agile development and project management practices by UNICEF ICTD.
- Senior Technical Architect plan and orchestrate coordination of software development /customization for existing eTools modules and planned work for both web and mobile frameworks, and corresponding integrations with complementary systems from UNICEF
- Liaise with business on requirements and specifications, work with internal UNICEF Solution Centre technical team for building technical integrations for systems related to partnership management and monitoring, and associated solutions components
- Lead the technical solution activities and exercise latitude in determining technical objectives.
- Orchestrate alignment of technical activities related to the design, development, documentation, test, implementation, and maintenance of eTools.
- Work closely with the Business Owners to ensure that solutions and related infrastructure meet the business needs with regard to scalability, usability, timeliness, and consistency.
- Work closely with Solutions Centre and Platforms & Service Delivery team leads to ensure that technology and implementation decisions are aligned with existing or planned corporate enterprise architecture solutions and established production operations.
- Work closely with Solutions Centre and Platforms & Service Delivery team leads to ensure that technology and implementation decisions will minimize post-project support, maintenance, and enhancement workloads and maximize the potential to reuse eTools technology components in other initiatives.
- Negotiate and decide on technology features and priorities with different ICT and End-user groups.
- Work closely with business owners to translate the business requirements into technical requirements by helping the business owners understand current technological opportunities and constraints.
- Actively participate in the end-to-end management of the development of the Technical components of several eTools systems
- Guide the successful completion of technical project components being the prime technical contact on Tools
- Facilitate the tracking and reporting of daily development activities be responsible for actively supporting the removal of impediments that prevent the technical team from completing the work negotiated and agreed upon for a given sprint
- Facilitate resolution of technical issues that generate /create contentious positions/situations within or across the engaged technical teams.
- Engage in the development, deployment, and maintenance of various on-premises and cloud-based options and components of the respective system
- Play a key contributor and technical facilitator role in Quality Management, Testing (including Security Testing), and preparations for release to production of the system
- Oversee the preparation of technical documentation
- May be required to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, and other events, as well as rollout and support activities with teams based in the field.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 5-8 years experience in a Technical Architect role with a strong emphasis on Python, Django
• 5-10 years experience with frontend development and web components.
• 10-15 years experience with backend development, python preferred.
• Experience in working with an Agile development team with continuous development and deployment.
• Experience scoping, user testing, and training for enterprise-related projects
• Experience with quality assurance testing processes
• Capable of deploying and maintaining software remotely on Kubernetes and Rancher
• Ability to align technical goals with UNICEF strategic goals—that always will mean prioritizing UNICEF’s mission over any particular technology
• Experience developing and deploying web solutions for use in low-bandwidth, challenging work environments.
• Experience optimizing database models, SQL / NoSQL, Postgres
• Experience developing software as part of a distributed team using Git, especially in an open-source environment
• Working knowledge with Docker, docker-compose, minikube
Dynamic self-starter, who needs minimum supervision
• Quick learner, who can quickly understand complex business problems,
• Understand the value of commitments to end-users, product, and project teams
• Familiarity with waterfall, agile and hybrid practices especially working with external vendors
• Familiarity with UNICEF partnership management processes including the CSO procedure, HACT, and Field Monitoring Guidance
• Experience with Kubernetes deployments, helm charts, CI/CD, and automating DevOps
• Experience with typescript, Polymer, LitElement, Redux
• Experience with machine learning
• Experience with tools and concepts of enterprise-scale data architecture.
- Fluency in English is required. Additional UN languages will be considered an asset.
The consultant will be working remotely for a period of 11.5 months and will continue working as such throughout the contract.
Source: Click Here
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India