|Posting Title:||Senior Info. Comm. Technology Associate|
|Job Location:||Florence, Italy|
|Skill Required:||IT And ICT,|
|Preferred Experience:||Above 5 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||31th Aug, 2022|
The Senior Info. Comm. Technology Associate will be the initial point of support for technical requests, assistance, and advice to corporate and project staff on software, hardware, and services used throughout the company. An excellent Senior IT Associate must have good technical knowledge, exceptional customer service skills, and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. The Senior Associate, IT plays a key role in assisting with team administration including asset management and administering IT bills and invoices. The Senior Associate, IT will be responsible for monitoring and execution of asset management processes and procedures to ensure a compliant and optimized IT hardware and software environment. They must be customer-oriented and patient to deal with challenges.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Key functions, accountabilities, and related duties/tasks:
IT Infrastructure and Operations Support:
Administer the ICT infrastructure of the office which includes Local Area/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) and Data Centre Operations (Server Platforms, Teams Telephony, Network Switching, and Uninterrupted Power Supply) ensuring the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability of UNICEF information from the Office and remote users.
Support the maintenance of the ICT Disaster Recovery Plan ensuring Offsite Data backup and telecommunication links in cooperation with the regional hub and partners.
Business Support: Assist in budget monitoring by using corporate software available (UNICEF ERP, Business Information Warehouse (BW), and Performance Management tools), and in preparing reports and budget analysis for OMT and Programme meetings, annual reports, donor reports, etc.; Continuous business support to all entities within the office (Finance, HR, supply, travel, budgeting), related to UNICEF ERP business processes.
Knowledge Management Support: Provide knowledge management platform support (Public Websites, Intranet, Social media, and SharePoint Team Sites) where applicable through coordination of office contents/records management (e.g., File Server, cloud repositories) including systems for the acquisition, storage, and retrieval of electronic data; management of the local database capacity required using standard ICT database and collaboration tools. Provide support to ensure the accuracy and accessibility of data sources.
System Rollout Support: Coordinate and assist with the acquisition, integration, installation, upgrade and release of organizational standard computer hardware and application relevant to the office. This includes the roll-out of the Operating Systems (e.g., Windows), Office Productivity tools (e.g., MS Office), Electronic Mail (e.g., Office365), client access to UNICEF ERP and Performance Management Tools (SAP/VISION) and Unified Communications tools (Video, Audio, and Web Conferencing, Instant Messaging, IP Telephony). Ensure user access to these applications for remote users/ mobile users in a secure manner (NetMotion).
System Admin Support: Undertake the role of Local Systems Administration (LSA) by performing routine maintenance of the ICT Systems (e.g., Backups, Security Patches, and Antivirus Updates), User provisioning, de-provisioning, and change management to UNICEF Systems and Applications (e.g., Domain, E-Mail, Intranet, VISION) in the office. This includes the use of tools like UNICEF Access Management Portal (e.g., APPROVA, and ViSA) and Service Manager System (ServiceNow).
ICT Advisory Support: Provide accountability for the information technology resources through accurate analysis and evaluation of the office’s ICT needs, sound procurement, cost-effective installation, and maintenance, ensuring software/hardware standards, and regular accurate inventory and reporting of hardware, peripherals, and software. This includes advice to the management and staff on the correct interpretation and application of ICT policies and guidelines in support of the office’s information management needs.
ICT Training Support: Ensure effective customer support in Information Technology and Telecommunications by providing computer training as well as troubleshooting and ad-hoc technical assistance to the users. This involves the development of an official training and support plan based upon the organizational requirements and an assessment of staff competencies and needs.
Technical Knowledge and skills:
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required:
• Fundamental knowledge of the office computer and information systems, including hardware, software, communication equipment technology, networking, operating systems, and applications.
• Excellent knowledge, training, and proficiency in the use of office Computer Systems (e.g., Client and Server Operating Systems, E-Mail Client and Server platforms, Networking Infrastructure LAN/WAN).
• Excellent knowledge, training, and proficiency in the use of office Computer Applications (e.g., word processors, spreadsheets, information/database management software, and other corporate software.)
b) Common Technical Knowledge Required:
• Fundamental knowledge of the principles, theories, practices, and techniques for managing the activities relating to planning and implementing ICT systems and services for the Office.
• Fundamental knowledge across multiple technical areas such as ICT administration, system analysis/development methods, database, networking and security, operating systems, applications, or business process analysis, as required.
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced:
• ICT policies, procedures, and guidelines (including Information Security Policy and Standards of Electronic Conduct).
• UNICEF business processes.
• Current ICT industry mainstream hardware, operating systems, and related software tools and utilities.
• PC operating systems, their installation, configuration, and setup for secure enterprise environments.
• Social networking tools.
• Mobile technology platforms.
• Database software development environments on Microsoft Windows server operating systems.
• Emergency and security telecommunications.
Other skills required:
• Advanced knowledge of ICT best practices, regulations, rules, and procedures as well as systems and applications.
• In-depth knowledge of computer information systems, including operating systems software (e.g., Windows, Linux, other apps), hardware and applications software and other office technology equipment.
• Ability to develop and provide training.
• Ability to identify problems, develop solutions and resolve issues correctly and promptly.
• Takes responsibility to respond to service needs promptly and proactively.
• Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, and reliability and honors matters of confidentiality.
• Ability to handle work quickly and accurately under time constraints.
• Demonstrates courtesy, tact, patience, and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Education: Completion of Secondary education is required, supplemented with formal training at the university level in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications, and Engineering.
Specifically, specialized training in information technology, information systems concepts and processes, organizational functions and information management, operating systems, LAN applications, and environment.
ITIL Foundation Certificate or equivalent customer support certification is an asset.
Experience: A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in information technology, including data processing applications, use and evaluation of program packages, database management, multi-user network, and telecommunications, network analysis and design, hardware/software installation and management, user assistance and problem-solving, end-user documentation and local office applications programming, in support to office computerization, LAN applications, and environment.
Fluency in English and Italian is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish) is an asset.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India