|Posting Title:||Senior Admin and Finance Associate|
|Job Location:||Abidjan, Ivory Coast|
|Skill Required:||Finance And Accounts,|
|Preferred Experience:||5 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||22th Dec, 2021|
the Senior Admin and finance associate supports the regional office in developing and delivering ongoing projects both financially and administratively and also programmatically to ensure efficient and timely delivery of results.
Provides substantive programmatic, logistical, financial, communications, and administrative support to the country program.
Oversees and integrates transactions and outputs in Finance, HR, legal, procurement, and communications.
Ensures adherence to GGGI policies across procurement, legal, HR, finance, and communications.
Supports project managers/country managers in developing and delivering projects.
Support the monitoring of project budget and track expenditures to ensure that program resources are optimally allocated and utilized.
Participate in the implementation of specific parts of a project such as a project budget, staffing, and timeline monitoring.
Understands government and GGGI process and advises Country Team to ensure smooth engagement and program delivery
- Collaborate with other units and divisions of GGGI on identified joint activity opportunities to ensure integrated delivery as “One GGGI”.
- Advise the Head of Programs with evidence and data-driven substantive inputs and analyses on the country and regional program development.
- Closely collaborate and liaise with GGGI’s operations team to ensure accordance with GGGI’s rules and procedures
- Anticipates donor requirement and project requirements and ensures alignment of services to meet those needs
- Advise the program team on GGGI, donor and government procedures, policies, and tools of all operational transactions for service delivery;
- Leads the monitoring and updating of project compliance information
- Prepare budget proposals, revisions when requested
- Develop and manage detailed budget execution plans, schedules, and reporting in line with yearly work programs and budget line
- Consolidate financial documentation for projects and ensure accuracy of project financial reporting.
- Verify data and ensure data entry and document consistency from spending and expenses of specific project/output management
- Identifies and anticipates issues impacting consistent service delivery and recommends remedial solutions for effective project management;
- Identify and anticipate issues and risks that will affect program delivery and report to the Country and/or Project Manager;
- Identify and anticipate issues from across projects and workstreams and advise staff on remedial measures in order to maintain the integrity of delivery;
- Assist in planning, expenditure tracking, and audit of financial resources, in accordance with GGGI rules and regulations (e.g. authorization of payments, submission of claims, requisition/procurement of equipment and services < USD 10,000, processing of individual consultants’ payments).
- Assist in organization and oversight of timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions and assets. Process Travel Claims (TCs), other travel entitlements such as Daily Personal Expenses (DPE), and Terminal Expenses for staff, consultants, meeting participants, and other official travelers. Terminal Expenses for staff, consultants, meeting participants, and others.
- Track daily expenses and prepare weekly monthly or quarterly reports
- Leads ERP finance portal for the project/output
- Leads budget control for procurement
- Consistent provision of quality finance and monitoring services
- Ensure delivery of timely periodic accounting reports in support of higher accounting processes and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly travel plans.
- Provide information and advice to the office, staff, and consultants about travel services on the most direct, efficient, economical/cost-effective routings (Ensure that Travel Claims are fully documented.
- Process requests for visas and liaises with travel agents and/or national missions to ensure timely processing of visas.
- Keep the visa tracker up-to-date and take action on visa extension/renews as and when needed.
- Keep an up-to-date travel directory of all travels undertaken.
- Assists in the organization of conferences, meetings, seminars, and workshops requesting, collecting, and recording all information, processing expense claims and reports on behalf of meeting participants; contributing to the management of the event/meeting including logistics, security, protocol, hospitality
- Take responsibility for day-to-day administration activities as well as work office space.
- Perform other administrative support as needed in support to Operations Manager and Country Representative.
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Maintain program filing system and safeguard standards of reporting/documentary quality to support reporting to donors and program stakeholders.
- Place initial screening and controls on country office spending, procurement requests, and contract issuance
- Serve as information management focal point by collecting and providing easy access to information, articles, and research material that may be relevant to the GGGI program as well as act as a community manager.
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Program team liaisons with headquarters on communication, procurement, HR, and finance office operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, international development, international relations, or other relevant areas. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5-7) years of progressive experience in-office services including procurement, finance, and related area (for those with secondary school) or four (4) years (for those with bachelor’s degrees). Experience with the UN system or other international organizations is a plus.
- Experience coordinating successful functions and events (workshops, meetings, etc.) that are smoothly run and well-facilitated
- Good level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), as well as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or similar software.
- Excellent command of spoken and written French and English.
- Ability to prepare written reports and business correspondence, both in French and English.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy, especially to numbers.
- Strong and matured interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Ability to work well under pressure and have a flexible approach to tasks given.
- Familiarity with Green Growth and Africa context with solid experiences dealing with government and donors counterparts
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India