|Posting Title:||Senior Accountant|
|Job Location:||Cairo, Egypt|
|Skill Required:||Finance And Accounts,|
|Preferred Experience:||5 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||23th Dec, 2021|
What are the responsibilities of a senior accountant?
Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger, and preparing month-end close procedures.
About the Organisation:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The plan started working in Egypt in 1981 and has a presence in ten of the 27 governorates in which the country is divided: two urban (Cairo and Alexandria) and five rural (Giza, Cairo, Beheira, Kalyobia, Damietta, Qena, Assiut, and Sohag). Plan Egypt’s work focuses on child rights, implementing programs designed to enable communities to improve the lives of the most marginalized children and their families. Plan Egypt’s Country Strategy focuses on five strategic objectives listed below:
Improve the quality of early childhood care & education;
Promote economic empowerment of vulnerable young men & women;
Facilitate girls in realizing their full potential in an enabling and gender-responsive environment that protects them from all forms of abuse, neglect, exploitation, and violence;
Support adolescents and young people, particularly girls to become active drivers of change and lead the way towards more equitable and inclusive societies;
Promote adolescents and young people, particularly girls to be empowered to make informed decisions about their sexual and reproductive health and live free from gender-based violence
Dimensions of the Role
- This role will be based in CO and will play a key role in integrating and linking PIE various sources of funds, PIE financial statements analysis, building and managing the relationship with the Bank, preparing and managing payroll for the PIE, in addition, participating in annual budgeting setup and preparation.
- This role will require strong communication inside and outside Egypt with CO departments, PUs, GH, RH
- This role has one direct report “CO accountant”
- Strong participation in the annual budgeting process, through facilitating, Reviewing, and providing staffing budget and depreciation figures.
- Consolidate Plan Egypt quarterly cash forecast and submit to Global Hub.
- Manage cash resources among Plan Egypt offices and provide regular support and orientation for the PUs to ensure the optimal use of Plan cash resources.
- Follow up, consolidate and submit monthly cash flow for Plan International Egypt
- Post monthly cash forecast transfers to PUs
- Monitor and follow up all expected income of Grants/Sponsorship for Plan Egypt
- Prepare/proceed with the calculation of monthly salaries for Plan Egypt staff and review HR inputs.
- Calculate the deductions of Income Tax and Social Insurance from the payroll.
- Post CO Journal voucher for Salaries, fringe benefits, transportation, and final dues.
- Review with-hold tax payment for Plan Egypt.
- Support any audit in the area of payroll, income tax, social insurance.
- Follow up with the bank for all of the corporate deal issues of Plan Egypt and online modules issues
- Prepare and update the authority mapping, bank signatories list, and scheme of delegation for Plan Egypt,
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation reports for CO accounts, revise PUs’ bank reconciliation.
- Facilitate and handle any requirements from RH/GH relating to Plan Egypt bank accounts.
- Participate in purchasing committee in the country-level tenders.
- Perform the financial review for all of Plan Egypt’s centralized contracts.
- Review all Country office payments and intercompany vouchers.
- Review all Country office non-grants adjustments.
- Provide support for the Plan Egypt finance team in terms of financial guidance & checklist.
- Responsible for Fixed assets acquisition, disposal and post monthly depreciation for Plan Egypt Fixed Assets on SAP.
- Contribute to preparing the month/year-end closure Packs/Schedules
- Participate in the monthly Country Finance Management Team meeting to discuss challenges and take proper action to improve the finance team role over the country
- Monitor the interoffice accounts reconciliations on a weekly basis and explain all items and activities contained within each account.
- Analyze, monitor, and resolve interoffice charge discrepancies
- Provide technical assistance and training on corporate finance systems to all finance staff.
- Any Other related tasks.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- This position works closely with the Plan Egypt Finance team.
- This position works closely with CO departments.
- This position works closely with Plan Egypt management.
- This position works closely with GH and RH Finance team.
- This position works closely with NOs teams.
- Technical expertise, skills, and knowledge
- A Degree in Accounting or a professional qualification such as CIS, ACCA or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role in INGOs
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication skills, appropriate to the audience
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting software packages
- Solid experience in SAP
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Solid reporting and monitoring skills
- Experience with Ms. Dynamic system
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India