Under the overall guidance of the Regional Director for Southern Africa and the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator of the Africa Regional Migration Program (ARMP), the technical guidance of the Regional Project Development Officer (RPDO) at the IOM Regional Office (RO) in Pretoria, and in coordination with IOM Washington’s Global Knowledge
Management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for reporting on the ARMP, support the development of the ARMP’s annual project proposal package, as well as assist in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools, and provide technical assistance to other IOM ongoing projects under RO Pretoria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In close coordination with the ARMP Coordinator and the ARMP sub-regional program managers based in IOM Special Liaison Office (SLO) in Addis Ababa, RO Cairo, RO Dakar, and RO Pretoria, assist in drafting interim and final project reports for the donor and RO Pretoria based on program objectives, work plans, and timelines in accordance with the project document and project agreements with the donor.
- Check and conduct quality assurance regarding interim and final reports and that reports submitted are aligned to donor standards and requirements as well as the IOM project handbook and writing style manual.
- Provide guidance on and monitor donor reporting in ARMP beneficiary countries in close coordination with the ARMP sub-regional program managers with special reference to the IOM and PRM reporting guidelines.
- Assist in the development and design of new projects/programs in close coordination with the relevant IOM thematic specialists and ARMP geographical units, government authorities, international and regional institutions, and partner organizations in public and/or private sectors.
- Based on national and regional needs, research and propose the matching of IOM-relevant project opportunities with donor priorities, in close coordination with the Regional Liaison and Policy Officer (RLPO) and the Regional Thematic Specialists (RTS), with inputs from IOM country offices implementing the ARMP.
- Support the reporting processes in Southern African countries where IOM does not have a project development /reporting capacity.
- Assist in the development and implementation of ARMP monitoring and evaluation tools and frameworks.
- Contribute and support the enhancement of effective IOM RO Pretoria and ARMP knowledge management, including project and information tracking in coordination with the regional monitoring and evaluation officer (ROMEO), the ARMP monitoring and evaluation officer (MEO), and the IOM Washington’s knowledge management team.
- Support all aspects of new IOM RO Pretoria and southern Africa country-specific projects as well as a backstop the implementation of ongoing activities, including through the emphasis of synergies and cooperation.
- Undertake duty travel as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the field of migration issues including operational and field experience, project development, and management;
- Demonstrated expertise in the thematic area relevant to project reporting;
- Knowledge or experience of regional migration issues an advantage;
- Experience liaising with governmental authorities, other national/ international institutions, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs);
- Experience producing publications, reports, and other documents.
- Excellent drafting and editing skills;
- Good understanding of regional migration trends and dynamics;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.