|Posting Title:||Public Information Assistant|
|Job Location:||New York, United States of America|
|Skill Required:||Media And Communication,|
|Preferred Experience:||5 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||30th Dec, 2021|
Public Information Assistant Provides general office support; response to complex information requests and inquiries; processes, drafts and finalizes correspondence and other communications; sets up and maintains files/records, organizes meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
Org. Setting and Reporting
This position is located in the Spanish Language Unit of the Web Services Section (WSS) in the Digital and Promotion Branch, News & Media Division of the Department of Global Communications (DGC). The Web Services Section oversees the design, layout, production, and presentation of the top layers of the UN website in all six official languages, including the homepage and comprehensive background information about the UN such as global issues and events, including all UN international observances.
The Section ensures parity of website content in the six official UN languages for the following UN Organs: General Assembly, Security Council, and ECOSOC, as well as the Executive Office of the Secretary-General and the Office of the President of the General Assembly. The Language Units of WSS provide digital language adaptation services whereby digital products such as graphics, video, and different digital media are rendered usable in languages other than English (for example, by video subtitling).
The Section also provides guidance and assistance to Secretariat offices in creating and enhancing their websites in all UN official languages. WSS promotes best practices for UN websites and other Internet-related activities, including multilingualism, usability, and accessibility for the disabled. The incumbent will report to the Chief of Unit.
This temporary job opening is available as soon as possible until 31 March 2022, with the possibility of an extension.
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of the Web Services Section and the supervision of the Chief, Spanish Language Unit, the incumbent performs the following functions:
- Provides general support to the Web Services Section; response to inquiries related to updating content on websites; processes and drafts, uploads edits to websites, and finalizes correspondence and other communications; sets up and maintains files/records, and monitors deadlines.
- Manages, updates, and further develops the website using a Content Management System (CMS), including drafting and editing content; assists in design, development, and maintenance of websites; generates various website analytics reports.
- Assists in posting content on the UN websites; monitors, analyzes, and reports on the impact achieved via its usage by target audiences. Independently liaises with clients to define and specify website requirements, producing wireframes and full-fidelity mockups, considering the multilingual nature of the UN website and overall branding guidelines.
- Researches for authorized materials compiles and presents basic information for use in the preparation and production of websites.
- Using relevant computer software creates designs in the appropriate format for websites, ensures that photos, graphics are appropriate and conform to UN standards.
- Assists in the production of website projects; tracks all production material; obtains requisite clearances and copyrights; converts content into HTML and CSS. Uses software programs, such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Illustrator, to create and edit web pages and prepare and incorporate images and graphics, as needed, in the language required and consistent with the UN-style guides. Checks hyperlinks within HTML regularly.
- Ensures final web designs meet stringent quality controls, such as cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, usability, functionality, language adaptation, across popular web content consumption platforms, including mobile and tablet devices.
- Monitors the performance of computer-based editing systems for correct digital file management: including reviewing entries, file storage, retention, and deletion practices to ensure consistent application of basic guidelines; identify problems/issues, and liaises with appropriate personnel for their resolution.
- Identifies and prepares new material for inclusion in applicable web pages by researching various information sources for relevant content and cross-checking information with author offices as required; preparing new pages, incorporating graphics as needed, using proper authoring tools and necessary programming languages; posting documents on the UN web and development servers and ensuring the appropriate directory location, using FTP; checking and testing for multiple browser support, including compliance with the requirements for access by the disabled.
- Provides guidance and training to contractors and interns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in public communications, production, and dissemination of information communication products and services on a website platform or related area is required.
- Experience using web authoring tools, such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop or other graphic design software, is required.
- Experience in HTML and CSS (cascading style sheets) coding is required.
- Experience working on multilingual websites is desirable.
- Experience using video editing software is desirable.
- Experience editing content and researching are desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the post advertised, fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India