|Posting Title:||Project Coordinator|
|Skill Required:||Project/ Programme Management,|
|Preferred Experience:||5 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||18th Dec, 2021|
This position is located in the Regional Section for Europe, West and Central Asia (RSEWCA), in the Division for Operations (DO), United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) in Vienna, Austria. The Project Coordinator will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Chief of the Regional Section for Europe, West, and Central Asia. The incumbent will also work in consultation with the Regional Office for Central Asia (ROCA) in Uzbekistan, the Country Offices for Afghanistan and Pakistan, and other concerned Field Offices, as well as, with relevant divisions at UNODC Headquarters in Vienna.
The incumbent will perform the following specific duties:
- Manage all aspects related to the implementation of the project “UNODC-Russia Partnership on Counter-Narcotics Training in West and Central Asia”, including organization and planning of specialized training courses to law enforcement officers from West and Central Asia countries, as well as strengthening the capacities of the law enforcement training institutions in the beneficiary countries by providing advisory support, as well as promoting Train-the-Trainers concept.
- Liaise with national counterparts on the selection and vetting process of the proposed trainees and ensure timely submission of nominated candidates.
- Liaise with partner countries/institutions on all aspects related to the timely clearance of proposed candidates in order to maintain the training schedule.
- Monitor the functionality of the online Trainee’s Database, which is used as a tool for regular monitoring and coordination of the multiple pieces of training provided in the region.
- Facilitate coordination of Russia-UNODC global, regional, and national initiatives in the region, which have law enforcement training components, including through the Regional Working Group on Law Enforcement Training.
- Ensure complementarity and oversight functions with all other law enforcement training activities/projects in the region.
- Promote and support UNODC’s strategy to expand its interventions in the wider region affected by the Afghan opiate trafficking especially in regard to Law Enforcement and its links to address drug-related illicit financial flows, money laundering, as well terrorism financing.
- Maintain direct liaison with key counterparts in the Russian Federation and other involved stakeholders, as well as all involved UNODC field offices.
- Serve as a focal point for the ongoing strategic and operational cooperation on counter-narcotics training between the Russian Federation, UNODC, and the beneficiary countries, including within the framework of the trilateral Russia-Japan-UNODC training program, and ensure effective coordination and non-duplication of activities.
- Manage and update the relevant section of the UNODC website devoted to the Russian Federation promoting Russian-UNODC cooperation on strengthening the capacities of the West and Central Asian countries to combat drug trafficking and related crime.
- Monitor expenditures and utilization of funds related to the project and ensure compliance with United Nations financial rules and regulations, including through the ERP System “UMOJA”.
- Coordinate the financial management of the training courses in particular aspects related to logistics.
- Keep abreast on all aspects related to the timely delivery of the project, the feedback of the trainees on the training sessions, and recommendations.
- Prepare and disseminate the project costed work plan, terms of references, and other related project documentation.
- Undertake field missions to the beneficiary and partner countries; brief and provide advice to government officials and other parties as may be relevant; draft related mission reports.
- Prepare and draft a variety of written outputs, such as background papers, progress reports, evaluation reports, briefings, and presentations, etc.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, economics, international relations, law, political science, statistics, public administration, or related fields is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in technical cooperation and program management, at the international and/or national levels, especially in the areas of drug control activities, crime or terrorism prevention, law enforcement, criminal justice, security sector, governance, public administration, peace-building, conflict prevention or other related areas, is required.
- Field experience in relevant areas is desirable.
- Work experience within the United Nations system or similar international organizations is desirable.
- Experience with UNODC’s mandate areas in Central Asia is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English and Russian is required. Knowledge of another United Nations official language is desirable.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India