|Posting Title:||Programme Support Specialist-Partnerships Capacity Development|
|Skill Required:||Project/program Management,|
|Preferred Experience:||3 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||15th Oct, 2021|
The overall purpose of the role:
This is a new post. DRC Myanmar is looking for an experienced Capacity Development Specialist who will act as the focal point for DRC Partnerships capacity development in Myanmar. The capacity development specialist will support managing the capacity development portfolio for DRC partners, assist in the provision of guidance, training, and capacity development activities to DRC partners and DRC partnerships focal points. The capacity development specialist will lead the design, implementation, and monitoring of capacity development activities and plans.
The Partnerships Capacity development specialist will act as the focal point with DRC area offices, DRC support departments, and partners and will ensure high-quality partners capacity development assessment, design, implementation, and monitoring.
The Partnership Capacity Development Specialist will be based in the Yangon country office with 60% travel to other DRC offices.
- Coordinate the partner’s technical needs assessments and capacity development plans, and act as a focal point to coordinate with different DRC Departments for the provision of technical assistance to implementing partners and their staff;
- Participate and support the Partnerships Manager with the organizational capacity assessments of potential partners at the pre-award and work with partners on turning these capacity development needs into plans and tangible outcomes;
- Coordinate with different DRC departments and support units, participate in the partner’s organizational capacity assessments, and sharing recommendations.
- Undertake an internal in-house capacity assessment to capture areas of development for DRC staff to ensure key DRC staff development areas are captured, in order to support partners with meaningful capacity development interventions.
- Coordinate internal and external initiatives for partners’ capacity developments including training, secondment, coaching, shadowing, etc…
- Oversee the implementation and follow-up on Capacity development Plans agreed with Implementing Partners and identify further mutual learning opportunities.
- Develop standard internal and external training materials and tools.
- Develop, in consultation with DRC staff and partners, relevant capacity development guidance, modalities SOPs, and tools.
- Coordinate the provision of ToT for DRC and partners’ staff in charge of delivering internal and external training.
- Draft reports on DRC and partners’ internal and external partnerships capacity development activities.
- Monitor and oversee internal and external training and capacity development activities and ensure relevant databases/tracking tools are up-to-date.
- Identify internal and external opportunities for mutual training activities for partners and support in overseeing the quality of the training delivered
Partners and staff development:
- Lead the work on partners capacity development and planning, jointly with partners staff and DRC focal points.
- Train and coach partners and DRC teams on the use of DRC capacity development tools and SOPs, in addition to leading the capacity development with partners and staff through training, coaching, exchange, shadowing, etc…
- Work closely with Partnerships team and DRC area-based partnerships focal points to ensure the systemization of best practices and lessons learned across DRC teams and partners in different geographical locations.
External coordination and representation
- Participate in relevant coordination meetings and working groups, as required under the partnership’s capacity development portfolio.
- Work closely with other DRC sectors to ensure close collaboration, proper consultation, and feedback collection on the work under partnerships capacity development portfolio.
- Proactively represent DRC and participate in regular program meetings and in Civil Society coordination platforms and provide updates as appropriate.
- Participate and support in partners mapping, vetting, and capacity assessments. Support the mapping and ensure that there are an updated mapping list and pre-vetted partners lists on the State and national levels (national and local CSOs, etc) and under each department.
- Manage the administration of pre-award due diligence, including liaison with program and support units and ensure departments’ participation in vetting process with potential partners.
- Act as a focal point for the design of partners sub-grant agreements, including conducting project design workshops, liaison with different DRC program and support departments to collect inputs on partners’ proposals, budgets, log-frames, procurement plans, and work plans, and work collaboratively with partners to finalize their project designs.
- Support in managing partners’ grant opening meetings, grant reviews meetings, and grant closing meetings, in coordination with program and support units to ensure sub-grants are designed in accordance with DRC and donors’ rules and regulations.
- Coordinate partners’ inductions with the different departments on programmatic, technical, and compliance aspects, and lead inductions on partnerships sub-grant management, tools, and reporting.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by the Partnerships Manager and /or Head of Programs.
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience with international humanitarian programs;
- At least 3 years of experience in working with Civil society organizations and community-based organizations.
- Relevant previous experience in capacity development.
- Commitment to empower Civil Society organizations and promote local ownership and respect to meaningful partnerships principles.
- Commitment to applying in-country, regional, and global learning on partnerships practices when managing capacity development with partners.
- Commitment to spending time and efforts to contribute to strengthening partners’ capacity.
- Solid experience in participatory approaches and facilitation skills, strong interpersonal communication, and writing skills.
- Experience in conducting consultation processes with civil society and national NGOs is an asset.
- Experience in designing partners’ capacity development plans.
Education: (include certificates, licenses, etc.)
- Degree in the relevant area
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Professional fluency in English and Myanmar. Good understanding of any of the local languages will be considered an asset.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India