|Posting Title:||Program Associate|
|Skill Required:||Project Management,|
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 3 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||26th Nov, 2020|
The Girls’ Education & Gender Equality Program (GEGEP) Associate spends the majority of his or her time providing guidance and capacitating the Social Mobilizers (SMs) and assists the Program Officer in carrying out all activities of the GEGEP. The position will be field-based and will involve frequent travel to the areas of work. The work will entail providing guidance to social mobilizers, supporting and sometimes facilitating SM training, working with SMEs regularly, as defined in the guiding documents to ensure that they are effective in their roles in working with girls. They will also be responsible for strengthening linkages with like- minded organizations, liasioning with block/district level officials, regular program and financial tracking, collecting program data and entering it into RtR’s database, and determining and delivering material support for girls participating in the program. The Program Associate will be required to be in field visit around 60% of the time. The Program Associate reports to the Program Officer and manages a set of SMs and a program administrative assistant.
Room to Read is a child-safe organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Program Implementation and Training (Manage Social Mobilizers)
- Managing, guiding, and enhancing the capacity of a team of Social Mobilizers.
- Lead all weekly and monthly review and feedback sessions with direct reports.
- Guiding SMs in planning and facilitating Room to Read’s Girls’ Education Program activities. Support may include guiding an SM to set her schedule of life skill sessions with girls, observing a session and providing feedback to the SM, or other activities needed to capacitate SMs to succeed in their core responsibilities.
- Capacitate and guide SMs to mentor girls both in person and through remote mentoring. This may include providing ideas for group discussion topics and coaching the SMs on how to handle difficult topics or ideate with them to identify opportunities for learning visits and engaging resource speakers.
- Lead all learning/exposure visits of girls with support from SMs.
- Guiding the SM in identifying and supporting girls at risk of dropping or failing out of school using Room to Read’s risk and response protocol.
- Conduct regular review meetings (on-line and in-person) with SMs (as per protocol) to discuss and identify solutions to challenges that SMEs are facing in program implementation and in working with the girls and communities.
- Develop yearly goals and conduct annual performance reviews of SMs.
- Lead all the Social Mobilizers’ training under the guidance of the PO. This may include planning, developing and facilitating, and/or co-facilitating training sessions both in-person and online.
- Participate in regular training and meetings with Room to Read staff conducted by the Country Office.
- Ensure feedback is given to specific Social Mobilizers or Program Admin Assistant and recorded in written regularly.
- Develop a school profile for each of the enhanced schools and regularly updated it.
- Identify and document case studies at least 4 in a year and/or as required.
- Participate in donor field visits and provide information to donors about Room to reading’s Girls’ Education Program as needed.
- Facilitate in developing one state-level newsletter with girls.
- Family, school, and community engagement
- Guide and handhold Social Mobilizers to conduct parents’ workshops and parents’ meetings as planned.
- Identify local needs of the community and explore and ideate with SMs and POs regarding probable parents meeting topics.
- Regular meeting and providing program update to school staff including headteachers and creating playing the role of a catalyst promoting the school to think of Girls’ education and solutions to problems affecting girls in the catchment area of the school with support from SM.
- Lead 4 school engagement meetings each year (as per module).
- Develop and update a list of scholarship schemes and entitlements with parents in an accessible format.
- Guide to conducting all meetings with community-level stakeholders such as SMC, VLCPC, etc.
- Maintain a database of all the schemes and benefits our girl’s scholars are getting and facilitating all girls to get the same.
- Lead all community campaigns in respective schools with support from SMs.
- Material Support
- Lead the targeted material support need assessment process.
- Cross verification of the girls proposed for material support.
- Collate data and share further with PO.
- Will be responsible for the programmatic part of the procurement process such as raising PR for approval of PO and State Manager, inter-departmental follow-ups, and oversee distribution.
- Liaising, networking, and building linkages at the field, block, and district level
Networking and liaison with all block and/ or district level government departments and officials.
- Networking and liaison with all village/ ward level stakeholders Plan and organize training and meetings for government officials (block and district level).
- Building linkages with like-minded organizations for referral services for girls after discussing with Program Officer.
- Create linkages with school management committees, child protection committees, and any other as required to create safety nets for girls and conduct regular meetings with them.
- Develop a linkage with school authorities and communities to ensure support to the program – liaise for a GEP room dedicated for life skills classes and mentoring, adequate periods are allocated during school timings for sessions, and manage any other operational challenges.
- Exploring and ensuring girls have access to State level scholarships and can also avail citizenship entitlements.
- Support Program Officer for creating visibility of GEP at District and State level.
Ensuring Quality program at the field level
- Conduct discussions on Program Quality with SM during review meetings jointly with the PO.
- Share learnings from INCO level review meetings.
- Understand and work on factors that may impede quality and fidelity on the field.
- Tracks to see if quality standards are being met and provide updates to the PO.
- Use LS observations form and basis this provides feedback to Social Mobilizers and develops a coaching plan for each SM.
- Analyzes the availability of materials for LS session, mentoring, and material support and provides corrective feedback to program Assistant as needed.
- Innovate and ideate on various ways to reach out to girls, school, and community remotely.
Planning, Reporting, and Documentation
- Ensure the SM is monitoring and keeping records of girls including attendance, academic performance, and other program activities as required per the program design.
- Ensure the SM is planning, documenting, and reporting on school and home visits and parent meetings and workshops.
- Manage program expenses and complete financial reporting as per RTR’s accounting and finance policies. Direct and guide Program Admin Assistant appropriately to ensure data as required by HR and Accounts is provided in time.
- Document best practices, case studies, photos, and lessons learned and share with the GEP Team.
- Track dropouts of girls and understand reasons, flag issues of concern to PO.
- Annual planning and budgeting
- Participate in the annual planning and budgeting process.
- Ensure budget forecasting for the month and submit bills timely with the support of the Program Assistant (Admin).
- Any other
- Assist Program Officer for new geographies and school selection.
- Oversee all the work related to the Program Admin Assistant.
- Provide adequate direction to ensure smooth functioning of the field teams.
- Any other task as allocated by the line manager.
- Be a part of Country office content development initiatives as and when required.
- Reporting relationship
- Reports to the GEP program officer.
- Other Significant Relationships to be maintained.
- Ensure a client orientation in fulfilling requests of the Social Mobilizers.
- Ensure effective liaison with State finance /Admin and HR where required.
- Master’s degree in Education/Social Work/development/Gender Studies.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in areas of girls’ education, gender, and life skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills including the ability to monitor the progress of program implementation.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative.
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Prior experience in facilitation and/or training.
- Experience working with and or counseling adolescent girls.
- Fluency in Hindi/ state-specific language and English.
- Familiarity or experience with gender issues, girls’ education, and/or community development preferred.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India