|Posting Title:||National Project Development and Coordination Specialist|
|Job Location:||Mandaluyong City, Philippines|
|Skill Required:||Project/ Programme Management,|
|Preferred Experience:||7-10 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||23th Dec, 2021|
For more than four decades, FAO has been working with the Government of the Philippines, civil society, community-based organizations and the private sector to address challenges in the agriculture, fisheries and forestry sector. Joint efforts have included increasing sustainability in agricultural production, promoting value-adding practices, improving post-harvest management, enhancing productivity and increasing the resilience of agriculture-based livelihoods to natural disasters, climatic hazards and armed conflict.
The National Project Development and Coordination Specialist and PU Socio-Economic & DRR, CCA and ENR/ Forestry Team Leader will be under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in the Philippines and Assistant FAO Representative (Programme).
- The work of FAO in the Philippines is guided by its Country Programming Framework (CPF). This supports the government in addressing challenges in improving food security and nutrition, enhancing agricultural production and productivity, sustainable management of natural resources and improving agricultural adaptation from Climate Change and Disaster Risks.
- The three integrated PDP Country Outcomes which will be given utmost consideration in all facets of FAO interventions are (1) Improved nutrition for all; (2) Expanded economic opportunities in agriculture, fisheries, and forestry (AFF) and ensured ecological integrity, clean and healthy environment and (3) Reduced vulnerabilities among individuals and families and just and lasting peace achieved.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The National Project Development and Coordination Specialist and PU Socio-Economic, Forestry and DRR/CCA (SEFDC) Team Leader, in close coordination, cover the following areas: liaison with and technical support to FAOPH’s key government counterparts in their identified priority areas and project formulation; and technical backstopping to FAO field projects.
- As Team Leader for SEFDC Group, the Project Development and Coordination Specialist is also expected to provide overall guidance to the group and technical support related to relevant project development activities, among others:
- Lead and manage the SEFDC Team of the FAOPH Programme Unit, including the ENR/CCA portfolio through the supervision of the SEFDC Sub-Group Leader for ENR/CCA
- Provide quality assurance and clearance on outputs of the team members and ensure submission in a timely manner.
- Ensure continuity of work within the team by anticipating potential gaps and implementing solutions. Provide support in the identification of necessary staff who will help ensure the continuity of work and timely implementation of team tasks and project activities
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of FAO as a technical organization
- Submit regular updates on the liaison activities with the DA and other government partners with the following tasks:
- For the liaison with and technical support to key government agencies, including among others the Department of Agriculture (DA), Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR), Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), and National Disaster Risk Reduction & Management Council (NDRRMC).;
- Ensure participation and visibility of FAO in relevant priority areas where it has a comparative advantage through establishing close coordination with the identified focal person(s) and line agencies;
- Participate, where possible, in relevant technical and sectoral meetings and working groups to be established by DA, DAR, DENR NDRRMC, DSWD and other key government agencies related to agriculture and rural development as well as meetings organized by development partners when it is necessary;
- Provide technical support as needed to, among others, the DA, DAR, DENR, NDRRMC, and DSWD, technical working groups and in joint project formulation;
- Submit regular updates on the liaison activities with the DA, DAR, DENR, NDRRMC, and DSWD, among others. For the project formulation and technical backstopping to FAO Representation and FAO field projects activities:
- Expand the current FAO portfolio by providing technical support to the FAO programme team in the formulation of concept notes and detailed project proposals related to agriculture, climate change adaptation, DRR and rural development (including related regional initiatives);
- in coordination with the projects team, DA-RFOs, provincial agriculture offices and identified NGO partners provide technical support in the implementation of project activities;
- Provide technical guidance and serve as a resource person as needed, in the conduct of capacity building activities; prepare and submit progress reports mentioning activities undertaken, problems encountered if any, and other documents that may be required periodically.
- Serve as country focal or coordinator for assigned projects and initiatives in relation to social protection, food security, rural development, resilience, among others. As focal and coordinator, the Project Development and Coordination Specialist will provide backstopping support to projects and is responsible for the following activities:
- Provide technical leadership and supervision on the development and implementation of the project;
- Review relevant documents such as work plans, activity reports and finance-related reports;
- Identify priorities and liaise with relevant parties specifically project team members to monitor follow-up actions particularly in tracking the progress of the project;
- Contribute to the planning of workshops, consultations, conferences, and other meetings, including proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, and preparation of documents and presentations; and
- Lead field missions, including the provision of guidance to project consultants, government partners and other parties.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of FAO as a technical organization;
- Participate in meetings and other activities related to agriculture and rural development;
- Perform any other tasks/functions that may be assigned by the FAO Representative, and the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme).
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced University Degree in Agriculture Economics, Economics or other related fields, or in lieu of Advanced University Degree, a Bachelor’s degree with a least 5 years managerial experience
- At least 8 years professional experience in project management related to economics, rural development, social protection, anticipatory actions, environment, resilience and 3 years managerial experience.
- A National of the Philippines
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India