|Posting Title:||Finance Officer|
|Skill Required:||Finance And Accounts,|
|Preferred Experience:||7-10 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||15th Dec, 2021|
To support the stewardship of WFP’s resources, monitoring budgets, forecasting, reporting on key data, and providing basic administrative and human resource functions that enable effective management of funds, and ensure assistance to beneficiaries is undertaken in the most efficient and effective way possible.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Maintain awareness of corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
- Contribute towards the development of country-specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies, and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
- Report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Monitor budgets, and carry out forecasting for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management, and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, work with contractors, and follow standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality, and timely services to WFP staff.
- Where necessary, undertake basic human resource functions related to staff benefits, recruitment of local staff, and training.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, providing management with financial, staffing, and resource usage information to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Track and collate data to support others to improve policies, systems, and procedures in order to minimize financial risks, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and ensure services are aligned with business objectives.
- Contribute to the delivery of financial controls and insight into WFP performance, supporting periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas that may present potential audit, compliance, or financial risks.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analyses and queries.
- Represent unit/CO at internal meetings, external meetings, and events with other UN agencies, banks, and other financial institutions, or other partners and entities as required.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget, and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate the needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
- Capability Name Description of the behavior expected for the proficiency level
- Internal Controls & Compliance Utilizes understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programs to confirm regulatory compliance and ensure data integrity.
- Performance Budgeting, Reporting & Analysis Analyzes budgets and forecasts to support the development of recommendations for senior leadership on financial and business planning matters in accordance with Value for Money principles.
- Resources Management (People, time, assets, etc.) Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to program leaders.
- Financial Management & Accounting Principles Applies knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures, and accounting standards.
- Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge Applies working knowledge of WFP program and supply chain principles to develop and/or review project budget plans.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience assessing financial health and stability of C&V projects and other programming initiatives to verify compliance with in-country local laws.
- Has experience working with auditors and other third-party vendors.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related fields, or First University degree in the same subject(s) with additional 2 years of related work experience plus membership in an internationally recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
Experience: 8 years of experience in the field of financial management including 3 years at a professional level
Knowledge & Skills: Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet, and other WFP standard software packages and systems eg. WINGS, COMET, or similar software packages. General knowledge of UN system administrative and financial policies, rules, regulations, and procedures in the area of finance, budget, and administration.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India