|Posting Title:||Deputy Representative Operations|
|Job Location:||Yaounde, Comeroom|
|Skill Required:||Finance And Accounts,|
|Preferred Experience:||7-10 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||27th Dec, 2021|
How can you make a difference?
The Deputy Representative Operations will be entrusted with the following five pillars, the core focus of all operations functions: Valuing People, Valuing Money, Valuing Risk Management, Valuing Systems, and Structures, Valuing Partners.
As a Strategic Business Partner and Deputy for the Head of the Office, the incumbent will accomplish this by:
- Leading by example and supporting the Head of Office on managing the office
- Acting as Officer in Charge in the absence of the Head of Office
- Managing services in the functional areas of operations support: budget, financial management and reporting, facilities management, administration, supply and logistics management, information and communications technology, human resources, and safety and security and convening the other functions to arrive at a unified vision;
- Acting as a member of the Country and Senior Management Teams, representing the organizational risk, governance systems, and policies perspective in management discussions, and promoting results-based management.
- Understanding business needs for the Country Programme, to anticipate challenges, propose viable/creative solutions aimed at value for money.
- Providing key contribution to CPD, CPMP, AMP, and support to Results-Based Management and implementation using Value for Money criteria.
- Leveraging technology for results and program accountabilities, making effective adoption of tools, and promoting the fundamentals of ICT management, information security, and controls.
- Supporting the country office during external and internal audit reviews and responding to audit observations and monitoring implementation of recommendations.
- Guiding Supply and Logistics strategies and interventions to meet programmatic needs while ensuring Value for Money (VfM), including procurement of fit-for-purpose products and services, and providing advisory support to governments, national systems, and partners on supply chain management.
- Leveraging governance, systems, and tools to provide regular feedback on risks and achievements of operations functions in the country.
- Leading on facility management with a specific focus on inclusive accessibility, eco-sustainability, and common premises.
- Overseeing business transactions processed by GSSC from a perspective of Efficiency, Performance, Risk Management, and Fraud prevention.
- Supporting the management of PSFR operations and promoting efficiency across systems and processes, where applicable
The Deputy Representative, Operations will be entrusted with the following five pillars, the core focus of all operations functions:
- Valuing People: Lead, manage and develop people resources to promote technical competence and foster career progression and retention of a “fit for purpose”/ agile workforce
- Valuing Money: Champion strategic resources to achieve organizational goals and ensure Value for Money (VfM).
- Valuing Risk Management: Enhance Risk Management to increase organizational performance and strengthen internal control.
- Valuing Systems and Structures: Ensure further operational centralization and optimization for maximized efficiency gains
- Valuing Partners: Strengthening internal and external-facing partnerships and leveraging UNICEF’s oversight and understanding of financial management across all areas of the office.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An Advanced University Degree (Master’s and above) in one of the following areas is required: Business management; Financial management; Accounting; Public Finance; and related operations function (Supply Chain, Human Resources, Information Technology, International Business, Project management, etc.) or a full professional accounting designation (CA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CPFA, Expert Comptable) from an internationally recognized institute/body of accountancy with valid membership in good standing is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience, at the national and international level, is required, specifically in implementing strategic organizational initiatives in one or more operations management areas including budget; financial management and reporting; facilities management; administration; supply and logistics management; information and communication technology; human resources.
- Prior experience in the development sector or UN system/ international NGOs would be an asset.
- For country offices with a significant private sector fundraising operation, prior experience working with or in the private sector, and supporting private sector fundraising, is desirable
- Additional experience in one or more of the following areas would be desired:
- Audit and investigations
- Safety and security
- Grant Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Experience in a UN system agency, large private or public company, or experience working in a developing country and/or humanitarian/ emergency context is an asset.
- Experience in working with corporate ERPs (Enterprise Resource Planning) and IPSAS (International Public Sector Accounting Standards) is highly desirable.
- Experience in Results-Based Management is a requirement.
- Experience in supporting successful client-oriented work units is an asset.
- Previous hands-on experience in strategic operations is a strong asset.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India