|Posting Title:||Business Support Assistant|
|Job Location:||Yerevan, Armenia|
|Skill Required:||Business Development/ Resource Mobilization,|
|Preferred Experience:||3 Years|
|Closing Date for Applications:||14th Jan, 2022|
WFP Business Support Assistant Job Description
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
of Armenia by 2023; the establishment of effective and sustainable, nutrition-sensitive food value chains; support the Government in tackling malnutrition; and emergency preparedness and response. Capacity strengthening will be a cross-cutting effort at all levels and will be key to ensuring the sustainability of the programmes and activities.
In light of the implementation of the above-mentioned range of activities, and in addition to the rapidly evolving and ongoing current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as considering the growing workload in the HR unit, WFP Armenia is in need of temporary HR support.
We are therefore seeking a candidate to perform a range of HR-related tasks to support the accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services for the Country Office.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Business Support Assistant Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff;
- Business Support Assistant Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide timely and accurate service to clients;
- Business Support Assistant Support processing and managing routine administrative and human resources-related tasks;
- Business Support Assistant Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation;
- Business Support Assistant Draft correspondence to respond to inquiries in respect to relevant human resources matters;
- Identify discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work;
- Business Support Assistant Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate the availability of accurate information in corporate systems;
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance, and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs;
- Maintain personnel files/confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored/digitalized and updated in compliance with the established standards to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function;
- Business Support Assistant Work on an HR filing system to harmonize and standardize all documentation and records, check and digitalize missing files;
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines;
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines, ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data;
- Liaise with other units to coordinate the arrangement of HR-related events, prepare relevant agendas and fulfill other admin-related tasks of the HR unit, schedule onboarding and security briefings for newly joining staff;
- Ensure all HR documentation has the necessary signatures, circulate NFRs, recruitment documentation, and other documents among colleagues to collect signatures; – Support with the WFP screening process including interview scheduling, attendance sheets, etc.;
- Business Support Assistant Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least two years in human resources or another related field. Previous experience in UN or similar HR management systems is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Has conducted specific HR Services activities such as payroll administration, aspects of recruitment and interviews administration;
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision;
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals;
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention;
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
- Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in English and Armenian languages. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of the Russian language is desired.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Duration: 3 months
Applications must be submitted online through WFP e-Recruitment System.
Internal WFP staff can access the VA through the internal WFP CAREER page via the link: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions accurately and upload your updated CV in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will have to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 to be able to perform his/her duties. The UN strongly recommends UN personnel, and their dependents receive a COVID-19 vaccine that has been approved by WHO.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Informal Resolution Officer
Senior Programme Manager
Associate Water Engineer
UmerKot (Sindh), Pakistan
Human Resources Assistant
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Finance and Administration Assistant
Data Center Specialist
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Data Center Manager
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Deputy Country Representative
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Green Investment Officer
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Dhaka , Bangladesh
Data Privacy Consultant
Washington DC, United States of America
Senior Program Officer
London, United Kingdom
Travel Management Consultant
Deputy Director General – Research and Development – Biosciences
Full Stack Developer
The Hague, Netherlands
Information Security Management
Chief of Staff
Washington, D.C., United States of America
Senior Research Officer
Adolescent & Youth Technical Adviser
Field Procurement Officer
Kampala , Uganda
Senior Database Administrator
New Delhi, India
Incheon, South Korea
Water and Climate Specialist
New Delhi, India
Pusa (Bihar), India
Assistant Research Associate
New Delhi, India
Results Management Analyst
Lahore , Pakistan
Associate National Project Officer
New Delhi, India